Sunday, February 21, 2010
Lou's Most Excellent Spicy Poached Pears
Unfortunately, this is the only pic I got off it: Jim's last bite. And it was hell forcing him to sit still while I took this. Not to mention we were both lit like the sun.
This is loosely based on LME Poached Pears. Kind'a.
- Instead of red wine, use a white (Gewurztraminer preferred)
- Cut the pears in half and decore with a melon baller
- Add 4 dried Thai chilies to the poaching
- Prior to serving, take the pear halves and brown in a pan with browned butter for a few minutes
- Serve only with whipped cream - that's all you need.